Happy National Military Spouse Appreciation Day!
National Military Spouse Appreciation Day is a presidentially approved holiday and is celebrated on the Friday before Mother’s Day in May. This year it will be observed on Friday, May 8th, 2020.
On Military Spouse Appreciation Day, we honor the contributions and sacrifices made by military spouses. Their commitment and support help to keep our country safe. America’s military spouses are the backbone of the families who support our troops during mission, deployment, reintegration and reset. Military spouses are silent heroes who are essential to the strength of the nation, and they serve our country just like their loved ones.
Be Green Pro founder and owner Patti Beres is a proud veteran, and is incredibly grateful for her husband Robert and the support he has given her over their years together. “I served in various roles of the military from 1985 – 1993 and was newly married in June of 1990 when Dessert Storm was in full force. My husband Rob was always a sturdy pillar of comfort and companionship. Throughout my military career, Rob supported my decisions, the role of all service people to our country and consistently sent letters as reminders of the love of family whenever I was away from home,“ said Patti.
Here are a few ways that you can show your appreciation to your military spouse (From Militarybenefits.info):
Give your military spouse a day off
Take something he or she dislikes doing off their plate, even for the day
Give a token of appreciation such as a care package, gift card, flowers or anything they love
Say “Thank You” but be creative in expressing thanks
Have a day of pampering together
Make dinner or surprise your spouse with breakfast
Watch a movie or show you’d rather not watch but that they love
Do something to solve one of their problems, or just lend a listening ear
Create a coupon book for them
Give your military spouse a list of reasons why you appreciate them
For deployed troops, send a video message or ecard showing your appreciation
“Military spouses are among our country’s unsung heroes and are at the heart of our Armed Forces. They embody strength and resilience, and represent the best of American patriotism, courage, character, and pride. As a Nation, we must ensure our military spouses receive the unparalleled and unwavering support they deserve.” ~ Donald Trump, President of the United States of America
If you are not in the military, you can still show your support for military members, their families, and the sacrifices they make for our Country. Here are Ten Ways to Support our Military & Veterans (From MilitaryBenefits.Info):
1. Display the American Flag at your home or business
2. Share, like, comment, post and re-post on social media to put a spotlight on NNAM events and observances
3. Send a care package to a soldier
4. Encourage elected officials at all levels to recognize our military and veterans
5. See someone in uniform or know a veteran? Thank them for their service or surprise them with a coffee, dessert or drink if they are in line with you
6. Teachers and students can honor or recognize the designated days in their (online) classrooms
7. Businesses can honor and recognize the month through their websites, social media, and newsletters
8. Donate to a veteran or military charity
9. Reach out to a veteran or military family in need
10. Hire a Veteran or support local businesses that do (Like Be Green Pro!)
Be Green Pro is proud to support the military community by offering a $300 bonus to all veteran employees after 6 months of employment. Be Green Pro is always growing and looking for top-notch employees. If you would like to pursue employment with us, please fill out an application and we will contact you to arrange an interview to discuss which jobs are currently available. Apply now at: www.begreen.pro/application
Be Green Pro LLC - The Responsible Choice